Monday, July 7, 2008

St. George

So we recently started our vacation by traveling to St. George, Utah. We left on Friday, and drove for a while. Jayce and I got to watch Walker on DVD while we traveled. This really helped us to pass the time. It was fun, because we had headphones on and got to spout randomness from the show, while our parents got to try to understand what was happening to lead us to say the things that we said. When we arrived in St. George we were hungry, but we had to go check in to the motel and meet, my Grandma and Aunt Kathy. We then hurried over to IHOP and had a delightful dinner. Then we returned to our hotel.

Later we left our hotel at 7:00 to attend a play that started at 8:30. We had no idea how long it would take to get to the venue, it took about 15 minutes. We then got to wait forever to be seated. This was kind of nice because it gave me the opportunity to talk to my girlfriend. Unfortunately the cell phone reception up against the mountain was a bit shoddy, and communication was not as simple as it should have been. We saw the Sound of Music, and it was entertaining. I don't know that I loved the entire cast, Captain Von Trapp was not quite as good as he should have been; however, overall it was a good show. After the show was over, Jessica, Trevor, Jayce, and I decided we were all still hungry so we went on a midnight Taco Bell run. Quite fun, quite fun.

The next day, I woke up and went with my mother to the DELUXE continental breakfast at the hotel. I had a DELUXE bagel, and some DELUXE Orange Juice. Then we had to decide what we wanted to do for the remainder of the day. Momma, Grandma, and Aunt Kathy decided that they wanted to go shopping. So they left, and when Jessica woke up she felt slighted. Then I got to talk with Christy while she walked to work. The men, then decided that we wanted to go to In N Out for lunch; unfortunately Jessica was stuck with the men, and did not want to go to In N Out. She wanted to go with the women to Café Rio. So the women met us at In N Out and took Jessica with them. After lunch, the men went to the St. George temple because I like to photograph temples, and had not taken pictures of that temple yet.


















After taking pictures of the temple, the men went to the movies to see Hancock. It was a letdown. Apart from all the swearing, pretty much all the funny parts were shown in the preview, so it really wasn't worth paying money to go see.

After the movie we went back to the hotel, and chilled for a while. Pretty much just watching tv. Then we went to eat dinner at Sconecutter. After that we went to go see Les Misérables. I really enjoyed this play. I like the music a lot, and enjoyed all the actors/actresses. Unfortunately I don't know the music very well, so when I try to sing it I get like three words out and have to start over.

Sunday, we woke up and went to sacrament meeting, and then on to Payson, and Grandma's house. Goodbye St. George.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

It was fun. Thanks for going with me.

Trevor said...

Yes I love your singing.