Monday, July 7, 2008

Firework Extravaganza

Every year that we come to Utah during July our family has a tradition of lighting fireworks. This is normally one of the highlights of our summer trips to Utah. It is something that my dad enjoys doing, and in turn he got all of his kids hooked on lighting fireworks. I remember when I was younger and used to beg to get a turn to light the fireworks, and now I am more than happy to let Jayce and my cousins Spencer and Jacob light them while I just watch. I enjoy the experience and wanting others to be able to enjoy it too, I recorded some of the fireworks, unfortunately watching a video just isn't the same as seeing them in real life, but at this point in time it is what I have to offer.


This firework was called the T-Rex and was one of our final and biggest fireworks, it actually lasted about a minute and a half, but I couldn't get the long video to post, so this is just a portion of it. It is always interesting to try and figure out how fireworks get their names. They range from King Kong, and Laser Dragon down to Butterfly in Flower. I always enjoy hearing the comments of people around in relation to the fireworks as well, sometimes it is easy to agree that one is lame, while other times their could be one that you like that other people disparage.


Here are some pictures of random fireworks throughout the evening.




No comments: