Friday, August 1, 2008

Back in the Grind??

Alright, so I knew when I decided to write a blog that I would be harassed if I failed to post regularly. However, you would think the way my mother constantly badgers me, that she knows nothing that is going on in my life, except from what she gets in blogs.

Today I started work, again...

In the morning I attended a mandatory district wide meeting for IA's and PA's. It lasted about fifteen minutes once it got started, a very beneficial meeting. Then, I got to attend a portion of the Frank Elementary School Staff meeting, which had an olympic theme, and I evidently missed the entertaining part of the meeting. Although I did hear a few good stories. While sitting at our team's table, one of the ladies who is new to the school, was introducing herself to the IA's, and she looked at me, did a double take, and jumped up and hurried around the table to give me a hug. This lady worked at the elementary school that I attended when I was still in elementary school, and also worked with my mother, so it was exciting to see her there.

After a nice summer break, I can finally get back in the grind. I am excited because I love my job. Today, I got to help make final preparations for the classroom. It would seem that over the summer, I have lost my IA skills, you see today I went in to laminate some cards, and by the time I got back to the classroom to cut them out, air bubbles were forcing the lamination to pop open. After much contemplation, it was decided that the laminator had not been hot enough when I used it, but I really do know how to use a laminator, and it appeared to be working fine. When I got home I told my mother about this incident and she told me right away that the problem was that I was laminating cards taped together back to back, and she didn't even know what I was laminating yet. Apparently, her skills haven't diminished.

I will be much more excited once school actually starts and I get to see the students again as well; however it is nice to have a job again. I love work, even if my mother refuses to believe it (I guess it just has to be the right kind of work).

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Umm, I don't know anything that is going on in your life except what you blog. Thanks for keeping me posted. Have a good year at work!