Sunday, April 15, 2012

Choices, Choices

I signed up last year for the rewards program at a local theater. The reward benefits include free upgrades on certain concessions, and $10.00 in rewards for every $100 you spend. So I let my dad use my rewards card also, and between the two of us and our significant others, we finally earned the $10.00 reward. Well, I then received an e-mail notifying me that my reward was going to expire on April 13. So Christy and I decided that we needed to go to the movies so that we could use our reward money. Unfortunately, we didn't know what movie we wanted to go see. Nothing that was showing jumped out to us as something that we had to see. I would like to eventually see the Hunger Games, however, I feel like Christy should read the book before we see the movie. We finally decided that we would just go see Mirror, Mirror. This as a movie based on the story of Snow White. I wasn't sure what I expected of it, but decided that it would be worth seeing.


I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I thought it was entertaining. I really enjoyed the dwarves, I thought they were quite funny. I also enjoyed watching Julia Roberts play the evil queen. For a quick afternoon out at the movies, I thought that it was a good choice. Christy also enjoyed the movie. I was however, quite worried when one of the characters was turned into a cockroach, I thought I might find my wife hiding in terror under her chair. Apparently one cockroach is not as frightening on the big screen as it is in your own bathroom.



4 comments:

Jessica said...

I really want to see that movie. It was in the running when Trevor and I went to the Hunger Games, but you know which one won out. Maybe we will have to save our pennies for a babysitter, and we can go.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we got to go see that movie, it was good, and it was nice to have a "date evening" together. As for the cockroach, it didn't scare me much because I knew it was just on the movie screen, and not in our bathroom. I love you and I hope we can go to the movies together again sometime soon. :)

Janaya L. Johnson said...

good and bad, some will make you happy and some will make you sad.
i'm glad yours made you happy! <3.

missykac said...

I am glad that the movie cockroach was OK. Thanks for the report and your opinion of the movie. You made a great choice it sounds like.
Hope you are enjoying this term (or semester) in school.